NEXT: A 6-webinar series for CEOs and Development Leaders
…how to build and sustain a more profitable fundraising operation
OCT 8 | OCT 15 | OCT 22 | OCT 29 | NOV 5 | NOV 12
1:00pm – 2:15pm EDT/EST
Fundraising rises and falls along with the economy and a large-scale emergency can send your Development operation into freefall. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Becoming Donor-Centered realigns programs and tactics to suit today’s donors who are less compliant, more questioning and more decisive about managing their philanthropy. Yes, when modern-day donors don’t get what they need they abandon not-for-profits more quickly; but they remain unfailingly loyal and give more generously to causes that are “donor-centered”.
Becoming Donor-Centered is an interactive webinar series developed and led by renowned author, researcher and fundraising expert, Penelope Burk. The course is designed especially for CEOs and Fundraising Directors and Managers. Crafted in six interactive segments, Becoming Donor-Centered gives delegates the tools they need to transition to a more profitable and rewarding fundraising future.
Webinar #1: Who Is Giving, How They’re Giving, and What that Means for Fundraising Today
- Six critical measures that explain why and how donors are giving differently
- A bird in the hand: why improving donor retention is a fundraiser’s most important goal
- Why donors are giving to fewer causes today and how that impacts new donor acquisition
- “Donor-Centered Fundraising”: the 3 things donors need to stay loyal, make larger gifts, and shift from modest to generous giving sooner
- Vivid opportunities for raising more money in a Donor-Centered environment
Webinar #2: Your Donor-Centered Plan for Sustainable Fundraising Growth
- You aren’t like anyone else: your not-for-profit’s unique performance benchmarks are right there in your database just waiting to be discovered
- How to design a Fundraising Plan that raises more money with fewer donors
- Creating a Fundraising Plan that prioritizes donors and gifts, not just fundraising program
Webinar #3: How Donor-Centered Adjustments Make Fundraising Programs More Profitable
- What inspires donors to choose your not-for-profit in a highly competitive fundraising environment?
- Improving donor retention in direct marketing programs
- How Donor-Centered Sustainer (Monthly) Giving programs can ready more donors sooner for major and planned gifts
- How to raise more money in a Donor-Centered Giving Tuesday or year-end fundraising appeal
- What donors say would get them excited about planned giving
Webinar #4: How to Find and Hold onto Stellar Fundraisers
- How to attract top fundraising talent in a highly competitive environment, even when you can’t pay top dollar
- The prospect pool is bigger than you think: where to find great fundraisers hidden in other industries
- Interview questions that simultaneously showcase high performers while weeding out unsuitable candidates
- How to reconfigure job descriptions to meet Donor-Centered Fundraising goals while enhancing job satisfaction
- Why good fundraisers leave and how to keep your best ones longer
Webinar #5: Managing for Higher, Sustainable Profit in Good Times and Bad
- How to increase productivity in a forty-hour work week
- How to manage young fundraisers where the rate of turnover is highest
- How to be a great fundraising CEO whether or not you have direct experience in raising money
- How to sustain fundraising in an economic crisis, even one as challenging as a pandemic
- Where to focus management time for optimum results
Webinar #6: How to Help Your Board Become Fundraising Superstars
- Why Leadership Volunteers have no idea how influential they are with donors
- The nine things Board members do best
- How Board members can hold onto donors and secure larger gift just by saying “thank you”
- How CEOs and Development Directors can help Board members become confident fundraisers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Chief Executive Officers who manage one or more Professional Fundraisers
- Directors of Fundraising or Development Departments
- Managers of Fundraising Programs who supervise staff
DATES, TIMES AND COST
- Becoming Donor-Centered is offered over six webinars on the following dates:
- Thursday October 8th, 2020 | 1:00pm – 2:15pm EDT
- Thursday October 15th, 2020 | 1:00pm – 2:15pm EDT
- Thursday October 22nd, 2020 | 1:00pm – 2:15pm EDT
- Thursday October 29th, 2020 | 1:00pm – 2:15pm EDT
- Thursday November 5th, 2020 | 1:00pm – 2:15pm EST
- Thursday November 12th, 2020 | 1:00pm – 2:15pm EST
- Cost of the six-webinar series is $1,050. Register by September 18th for $900 and save over 15%
Becoming Donor-Centered FAQs
Are there support materials for registered delegates?
Yes. Each delegate will receive a complimentary copy of Donor-Centered Leadership by Penelope Burk. This 360-page best seller includes research evidence from thousands of donors, fundraisers, CEOs and Board members on how to raise more money in a changing giving environment. Webinar slides will indicate where expanded information can be found in the book.
Will I be able to ask questions?
Definitely. Penelope Burk leads each session and the chat box will be monitored throughout so that questions can be immediately addressed. In addition, questions can be posed between sessions to a private Donor-Centered Leadership Forum which Penelope will address during the following webinar.
What is the refund policy for Becoming Donor-Centered?
A full refund is available until November 12th if no webinars are attended minus the cost of Donor-Centered Leadership ($85).
The refund policy is void if at least one webinar is viewed between October 8th and November 12th.
What if I’m not available to attend on one or more of the scheduled dates?
A recording of each session will be available for delegates until the next webinar in the series is broadcast.
PENELOPE BURK'S BEST-SELLING BOOK
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
📞 Call Kristen at (800) 263-0267