Hover over the sessions above for a description
What Is Donor-Centered Fundraising?
Donor-Centered Fundraising® is a customer service-oriented approach that raises more money by focusing on what donors themselves say will earn their loyalty and win increasingly generous gifts. Donor-Centered Fundraising is defined by over a decade of research and testing with more than 250,000 donors and hundreds of not-for-profit organizations.
About This Webinar Series
Donor-Centered Fundraising is a practical, forward-thinking and interactive webinar series led by renowned author and futurist, Penelope Burk. In a her trademark compelling and entertaining manner, Penelope answers the age-old question, What Do Donors Want?, then clearly articulates a strategy that satisfies donors’ needs while increasing fundraising profit.
According to donors, everything that happens between making a gift and being asked for the next one contributes to their decision to give again…or give more…or just walk away. Since over 90% of donors stop giving and two out of three give only once before disappearing, bringing donor attrition under control means zeroing in on what fundraisers should do when they are not asking for money.
Why Donor-Centered Fundraising Is Essential for the Times
Today’s fundraising practices and beliefs were developed at a time when competition was less severe, donors were less demanding, and fundraisers could rely on an unlimited supply of supporters. But now wealth is shifting to a new kind of donor who is more independent, more questioning, and much harder to reach. If that isn’t challenging enough, competition is growing while donors themselves are trending towards supporting fewer causes. But there is good news. Not-for-profits can raise more money in this new environment by adopting a Donor-Centered approach to fundraising and donor relations.
Who Should Experience the Donor-Centered Fundraising Webinar Series
- Professional Fundraisers working on the front lines in direct marketing, major gifts, donor relations/stewardship, writing/communications
- Decision-Makers responsible for budget allocation who want to know where precious resources will have the greatest impact on the bottom line
- Development Directors and Fundraising Program Managers seeking to improve staff productivity by focusing on donor-centered strategies that raise more money
- Board Members and Other Leadership Volunteers who are looking for meaningful ways to contribute to fundraising success through donor communication
- Marketing and Communications Personnel seeking to add value to their not-for-profits by communicating more effectively with donors